Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor’s approval.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking other products that cause drowsiness including alcohol, antihistamines (such as cetirizine, diphenhydramine), drugs for sleep or anxiety (such as alprazolam, diazepam, zolpidem), muscle relaxants, and narcotic pain relievers (such as codeine, morphine).
Check the labels on all your medicines (such as allergy or cough-and-cold products) because they may contain ingredients that cause drowsiness. Ask your pharmacist about using those products safely.
Do not use this medication with other medications that contain gabapentin (including gabapentin enacarbil).
This medication may interfere with certain laboratory tests for urine protein. Make sure laboratory personnel and all your doctors know you use this drug.
Medications known to interact with gabapentin
- acetaminophen / propoxyphene
- aspirin / caffeine / propoxyphene
- Balacet (acetaminophen / propoxyphene)
- Belbuca (buprenorphine)
- Bunavail (buprenorphine / naloxone)
- Buprenex (buprenorphine)
- buprenorphine / naloxone
- Butrans (buprenorphine)
- Darvocet A500 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene)
- Darvocet-N 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene)
- Darvocet-N 50 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene)
- Darvon (propoxyphene)
- Darvon Compound 32 (aspirin / caffeine / propoxyphene)
- Darvon Compound-65 (aspirin / caffeine / propoxyphene)
- Darvon-N (propoxyphene)
- levomethadyl acetate
- Orlaam (levomethadyl acetate)
- PC-CAP (aspirin / caffeine / propoxyphene)
- PP-Cap (propoxyphene)
- Propacet 100 (acetaminophen / propoxyphene)
- Propoxyphene Compound 65 (aspirin / caffeine / propoxyphene)
- sodium oxybate
- Suboxone (buprenorphine / naloxone)
- Subutex (buprenorphine)
- Trycet (acetaminophen / propoxyphene)
- Wygesic (acetaminophen / propoxyphene)
- Xyrem (sodium oxybate)
- Zubsolv (buprenorphine / naloxone)